Sweet potato is one of my favorite foods and I eat it often. Tonight I wanted to incorporate it with different flavors to create a delicious, filling salad.
This recipe is super easy to make. I definitely recommend you get creative with it and add spices based on your taste. I used cayenne pepper for a bit of heat and I love chili flakes, but you can also try spices like cumin. This recipe should take 30-40 minutes to prepare.
Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad (serves 2)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus extra to coat sweet potatoes)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 medium red onion (diced)
- handful of parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Start with the sweet potato, peel and chop into bite sized pieces. Put in a pan and coat with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven (200°C) and cook for about 30 minutes, until soft and starts to brown.
- In a large bowl mix the chickpeas, garlic, onion, and parsley.
- Once the sweet potato is done, add to a large bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, chili flakes, and cayenne pepper.
- Combine both bowls and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste then serve!
Hope you enjoy! x