Today I had a craving for something sweet and decided to experiment in the kitchen using some of my favorite ingredients. I did look at a few different flourless muffin recipes, but I found many of them use unnecessary ingredients and wanted to keep these healthy.
When I bake, which isn’t often, I make very small batches to enjoy it in the moment rather then having loads leftover to snack on afterwards. With that said, feel free to double if not triple the recipe if you want to make a bigger batch or baking for more people (these were just a small snack for me and my boyfriend).
I have to say they are pretty damn good. If you love cinnamon, banana, and almond butter then I’m sure you’ll enjoy this. Here is the quick and easy recipe.
Flourless Banana Oat Muffins (makes 8-10 mini muffins)
- 1 banana
- 50g rolled oats
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- coconut oil to coat muffin tray
- pumpkin seeds to top off (optional)
- Preheat the oven 180°C.
- Blend all of the ingredients (except for the pumpkin seeds) together using a hand blender.
- Coat mini muffin tray with a small amount of coconut oil, to keep from sticking, before adding the mixture. Add pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until top starts to brown on the edges.
Happy Valentine’s Day! x