Since buying my spiralizer I have not missed pasta (never thought I’d say that). Recipes like this one are why, as the combination of the creamy avocado sauce with the texture of the courgette (zucchini) noodles is simply delicious.
Courgette Noodles with Prawns and Avocado Sauce (serves 2)
- 3 large courgettes
- 16 prawns (up to you on how many per person)
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 60g brazil nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus additional to cook with)
- 3 limes
- 1 tsp chili flakes (to season prawns and sprinkle before serving)
- Salt and pepper
Directions for the avocado sauce
- Start by placing the brazil nuts in a food processor and blend until completely crushed.
- The add the avocado, olive oil, juice of 2 limes, and salt and pepper to taste. Then blend again. Put the sauce to the side for now.
Directions for the noodles and prawns
- Spiralize the courgettes then place in a pan with some olive oil on a medium heat. Cook for about 2 minutes then drain (this helps to keep the dish from becoming watery, you’ll put the noodles back into this pan shortly).
- Mix the prawns in a bowl with a bit of olive oil, juice of 1 lime, chili flakes, and salt and pepper. Cook the prawns in a separate pan on medium heat for a few minutes until pink.
- Put the noodles back into the first pan and mix with the avocado sauce.
- Plate the noodles and add the prawns on top. To serve sprinkle some additional chili flakes and salt and pepper.
Hope you enjoy! x