This dish is quick and easy. I made it up as I went tonight, but it turned out really tasty so wanted to share the recipe with you.
White Bean, Avocado, Tomato & Halloumi Salad with Basil dressing
For the Salad
- 1 can cannelloni beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 tomatos (chopped)
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- halloumi (optional)
For the Dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- handful fresh basil
- 1/2-1 clove of garlic, finely chopped or grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put the beans, avocado, tomatoes and spring onion into a large bowl (option to heat up the beans beforehand).
- Blend dressing ingredients together (I used a hand blender to incorporate the basil leaves) then pour it over the salad ingredients and mix together.
- Add the halloumi to a pan with some olive oil on a medium-high heat. Cook and flip until brown (1-2 minutes on each side). The halloumi is optional as the salad tastes great without it. If you are using the halloumi, soak it in water beforehand.
- Serve the halloumi on top of the salad.